A byte of life from the Land of Sumos and Sushi

Thursday, October 14, 2004

I beg your pardon...?

Being one of the few gaijin (foreigners) that the kids have come into contact with, I get asked some strange questions. Here are a few of the quieries the kids have had about me:

"How many girl friends do you have?"

"What colour is your under hair?"

"Do you know Dabid Backam?"

"Do they have book shops in England"

I also often get congratulated on my amazing ability to use chopsticks, and am frequently reminded how difficult Japanese is, (obviously only a true genious could learn to speak it.) Saying a simple phrase such as "good morning" is often looked upon with amazement... "how could a forienger possibly learn our impossibly difficult language... we thought it was gaijin proof."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home