A byte of life from the Land of Sumos and Sushi

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Nation of Tree Lovers

Whilst Britain is known for being a nation of dog lovers, it appears Japan is a nation of tree lovers. Almost all trees in gardens and parks are manicured into a distinct Japanese style. Now that the snow is on its way, every tree, shrub, bush and hedge have been strung up, boarded over or tied up, to protect it from the weight of the impending white stuff. It seems that no tree is deemed too small for protection. I am hoping that this is a sign that the snow will be deep and crisp and even. Last week I was elated during my drive to school, as I discovered that it had snowed on the mountains, and all but the smallest peaks were covered. However, my elation was short lived as the weather has since warmed, and now all but the tallest peaks are bare. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home