A byte of life from the Land of Sumos and Sushi

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Second Victim Falls to the Snow.

Well, me and my snow crew have been doing the rounds, checking out all the ski areas within range. I am pretty happy with my lot, and there are still more we're yet to investigate. This weekend I’m going to Hokkaido, the northern most island of Japan to see the world famous Ice Festival in Sapporo. We’re taking the ferry, a mammoth 21 hour journey which should be interesting to say the least. We’ll also be visiting one of the biggest and best ski resorts in Japan.

Here in Fukui, the snow continues to fall on a regular basis, with powderous conditions occurring every 7-10 days. However, I regret to inform you that the snow has claimed it’s second victim of the season. My digital camera was lost to the powder last week, and has not been seen since. It wasn’t wearing an avalanche transceiver, so I was unable to locate it, and I suspect it’s still buried deep. Let this be a lesson in snow safety for us all.

This is the price one must pay for a level of journalism this high.

Donations for a new one can be made through paypal. Thankyou for you generousity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

I can't wait to go to Hokkaido! Bring it on!

I love these photos Sam - hurry up and get a new camera so you can take some more!

Lew.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 1:28:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home