A byte of life from the Land of Sumos and Sushi

Friday, October 15, 2004

Karaoke - watch us wreck the mike.

Back in the UK I always hated karaoke. Listening to poor renditions of "I will survive" is not my idea of fun, and I can't sing myself so I never liked the idea of embarrassing myself infront of a smoky pub load of people.

Knowing I would have to do karaoke in Japan, was one of the things that I was least looking forward to. However, karaoke here is a far cry from "Disco Dean's Karakoe Night" down your local boozer. In Japan they do it properly. You can hire out a private karaoke booth, complete with disco lights, a huge TV, comfy sofas, and a hot line to the bar. You even get a score at the end of your number.

They also have a very extensive collection of tunes. I was amazed to come across one of my favourite tunes, so I thought I'd pay my respectz and bust out a bit of Busta.

WOO HAA!

I got you all in check

1 Comments:

Blogger The Funky Drummer said...

10/10 of course Miss Watkins.
I give your previous comment 7/10.
More effort needed.
See me afterwards.

Monday, October 18, 2004 1:26:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home