A byte of life from the Land of Sumos and Sushi

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Some days are better than others

This morning, I woke up to a foot+ of light fresh snow; instantly the day was off to a good start. I then had two lessons which went brilliantly and were pure fun, but the highlight of the day occurred when I nipped out to take the school dog for a quick walk in the fresh snow.

The sun had come out, the sky was blue and the freshly fallen snow was sparking all around. As I walked around the school grounds with the pup in tow (or more accurately me being towed) I breathed long and deep. It was one of those "just happy to be alive" moments.

Then, from out of nowhere, two of my fellow teachers pull up on the school snow mobile, and ask if I want to go for a tazz? Do I heck!!... So on I get, and off we go. Firing round the grounds through knee deep powder with me at the throttle, inhaling the cool air, on a beautiful crisp winters day. I don't remember this being in the ALT job description, but it's just one of the extra duties that you have to be prepared for in my line of work.

As I ripped along, I was powerless to remove the huge smile from my face and I wondered what I'd be doing in England, had I never left for these shores. However, my only regret today was leaving my camera at home.

Gutted.

Anyway, I'm just about to leave "work" and head to the slopes for a night boarding session.

Life is Sweet.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lucky bastar*

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:10:00 pm

 
Blogger Lewis said...

I wish my school had a snowmobile...[sigh]. I went night boarding last night too - I tell ya Sam, the snowboarding bug has got a hold of me!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:38:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you bought a new camera?

Thursday, February 24, 2005 9:41:00 pm

 
Blogger The Funky Drummer said...

I am now photographically operational again.

Friday, February 25, 2005 11:32:00 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post reminds me of James Herriot, and his witty and fun-loving assistant veterinarian.

Sunday, June 17, 2007 1:43:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home