A byte of life from the Land of Sumos and Sushi

Thursday, October 06, 2005

You may have noticed that posts on thefunkydrummer have been a little thin on the ground over the last week or two. Well, I have two words for you: SNOW SPHERE. At the expense of all else, I am currently pouring all my energy into the creation of a new project, which is sure to become even more massive than jungle in the future. And jungle was massive.

So what is this spherical ball of snow of which I speak? Well, Snow Sphere, or Snow Sphere Magazine I should say, has been created by yours truly to fill a gap in the magazine market. The idea behind Snow Sphere is to feature interesting and inspiring snow stories about the less well ridden slopes of the globe, be it backcountry in Bolivia, (what... you didn't even know Boliva had a ski resort?) or a backyard in London.

The monthly mag will start its life in electronic form, but who knows what the future may bring? Already Snow Sphere has recieved a flood of very interesting snow stories and ideas, which I am very much looking forward to presenting to you in Snow Sphere form for your reading pleasure.

Unfortunately, the development of Snow Sphere has come at a price. I had signed myself up for a Japanese exam, in the hopes that the pressure would motivate me to study more. At first it did, and I became absorbed in the Nihongo, but then Snow Sphere came along and suddenly, learning all the negative forms of the group two verbs, and trying to memorise complicated grammar particles, ceased to appeal.

Instead, reading about a snow road trip in Chile, or an account of shredding the himalyas was just too tempting.

If you have an interesting snow story to tell and would like to get published in Snow Sphere Magazine, check out www.snowsphere.com for the writers guidlines.

Nihongo benkyo shimasu R.I.P.

3 Comments:

Blogger IAmKat said...

Freaky, here I am subscribed to your blog and I was all set to contact you having read about snow sphere on the powderroom website. Expect some stuff from me about our airbag and dendix combination!

Good luck with the project

Saturday, October 08, 2005 7:19:00 am

 
Blogger The Funky Drummer said...

Hi Kat, looking forward to reading about that, and any other snow stories you might have stored away.

Cheers

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:25:00 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sam, It's been months since I have read your blog, but I have been entertained by your road trip and tales of the Mr G. It feels like a million years since I was out there. Enjoy the snow.
Bill (girl)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:48:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home